Friday, March 12, 2010

He is going to be 3


I tear up as a begin writing this...I don't ever anticipate that he will read this for I want to tell him as much as possible..so bare with me as I write a letter to my about to be 3 year old boy...
Brock,
You make us smile...I believe everyone in the family would say that...this letter is to tell you how proud I am of you...to only focus on who you are becoming...I made a decision this year to stay at home and EVERY day I am thankful for it...I have never felt so much peace and rightness about a decision I have made...staying at home with you and your "Sissy" has brought me great joy.
Who you are becoming: I see the imagination you have, the love to play and explore, how you love to play with others (and even tell others what to do) and yet you find a peace in playing by yourself. You love with all your heart...you say the gentlelest of things when I least expect it and your awareness of others surprises me...I saw this grow with intensity as you helped us welcome Chloe into the world...she looks at you with love and as if you hung the moon...I know that she will look to you to help guide her in her many years to come...and you love her with a love that I am proud of.
I look forward to seeing where your feet will take you...I look forward to how God uses your hands to love...I look forward to the day you become my brother in Him...How Beautiful are your feet my son...I pray they will lead you to go and tell others. Thanks for being my lovebug and making me the mom only our DADDY knows I can be.

Love,
Your Momma

1 comment:

Jen McManus said...

Happy Birthday Brock-man. Your bestie misses you very much. (Love it Christin)